Plasma Rich Platelet Therapy (PRP) has been used for decades.The therapy utilizes your own blood to extract platelets and inject them into the injured area.
PRP is a treatment option for joints, tendons, ligaments, and muscle injuries:
- Arthritis pain and injured joints
- Shoulder pain such as rotator cuff tears and frozen shoulder
- Plantar fascitis
- Hip pain and arthritis pain
- Neck pain including headaches, past injuries, and ligament damage
- Back pain due to disk disease and herniation
- TMJ syndrome/jaw pain
- Knee pain such as meniscus tears, osteoarthritis, and torn ligaments
Platelets release growth factors which allow your body to heal, add collagen to the area, and strengthen ligaments.
PRP can be used in combination with Prolozone for amazing results.
There are several resources on the internet and YouTube videos explaining the therapy. For example: a Fox Sports news article describes how PRP therapy is beneficial for athletes.