Medical Ozone and Ultraviolet light therapies.
Welcome to the amazing world of ozone! Medical ozone has an extensive history and has been used in healthcare as far back as World War 2. Please see our links below for testimonials, before and after photos and research abstracts. Do you want to learn more about ozone? Go to your favorite search engine and type, “NIH Ozone and Menendez” or “NIH Ozone and Bocci”. You will find 1,000’s of research articles!
Medical ozone can have benefits ranging from antimicrobial, antiviral, immune modulating, decreasing plaque formation (cardiovascular improvements), improvements in diabetes, macular degeneration, joint disease, anti-aging, cellulite reduction, decreasing and improving hair loss and cosmetic enhancement.
There are many safe and effective ways to deliver ozone in healthcare. The number of treatments recommended depends on your health history and current concerns.
Here are a few with brief descriptions:
- Major autohemotherapy (MAH): One of the longest, most researched forms of ozone therapy. This is a comfortable procedure that takes 30-60 minutes. Patients often feel more energy immediately.
- Minor autohemotherapy (MiAH): This is a very simple and quick injection that can often improve mood, heal rashes and acne, and enhance energy.
- Hyperbaric ozone therapy, also known as high dose ozone: This therapy has been used for over 30 years. There are 2 machines from Germany capable of doing this procedure. Each “pass” can be a stand alone treatment or can be done as a multi-pass procedure. Patient may be treated with up to 10 “passes” in one sitting. We have seen benefit in chronic infections, fatigue, joint injuries, and neuropathy. See the photo below of an AC separation that healed from high dose ozone!
- Ozonated saline: This can be used in place of MAH for immune benefits or make for eye drops.
- Ozone water: Made freshly in the office with distilled water, research shows improving biofilm in the mouth. We have also seen benefits when treating SIBO and Urinary tract infections (UTI’s).
- Insufflations: This is a term that is used to describe a constant flow of ozone to treat an area. Or to fill an area.
- Vaginal insufflation: Using a specialized device, ozone under pressure infuses into the pelvic floor. This can benefit fertility, PMS, and endometriosis. This is often used in conjunction with Frankenhauser injections, which is a local lower abdominal injection that can help PMS and pelvic floor concerns as well.
- Rectal insufflation: This can be used in place of MAH if our patients veins are small or they do not want to have a needle used. This is also one of the longest researched forms of ozone therapy. We have seen arthritis pain improve for years, energy increase, better digestion and enhanced mental clarity.
- Ear insufflation: This is a very gentle procedure using a specialized stethoscope which can help tinnitus, upper respiratory tract infections, brain fog, and inner ear concerns.
- Sinus insufflation: A small amount of ozone is safely delivered to your sinuses. This can be extremely helpful for acute and chronic sinus infections, MRSA/Staph, and Marcons.
- Limb bagging: Your skin is moistened with water and an ozone resistant bag is placed over your foot and leg (often this is a leg or foot treatment), ozone is gently filling the bag. This can be very helpful for diabetic foot ulcers, wound healing, improved circulation, athlete’s foot and toenail fungus.
- Local injections: This procedure is typically called Prolozone. We can use ozone locally to help heal arthritis, rotator cuff injuries, minimize inflammation and stimulate stem cells to come to the area to help heal.
- Areas/conditions that respond well to local injections:
- Frozen shoulder, arthritis in the back, knees and hips, plantar fasciitis, wart treatments, trigger finger, arthritis nodules and bunions can become smaller and less painful, varicose vein treatment, adipose and cellulite reduction, scalp injections to stimulate hair growth.
- Chezone: Ozone combined with chelation therapies.
- Scar therapy: If you have any scars, it is important to have them evaluated for adhesions. This can lead to pain in distal areas even years later. A common one we see is SI (low back) joint pain years after C-sections. We also see frozen shoulder months to years after breast implant or reduction surgeries.
- Skin injections: We use a very small needle with a very low concentration of ozone to help stimulate hair growth and minimize fine lines and wrinkles. It is a great, non-toxic approach.
- Neural therapy/mesotherapy: We combine this with ozone to help decrease pain and often improve range of motion in various joints.
- Ozone oil: We use quality brands of ozonated olive oil and other oils for a variety of conditions. It can be topically to heal bruises and improve infected wounds. You can use it to whiten your teeth or paint on your tonsils if you have enlarged tonsils. Certain brands of face cream can be wonderful on your skin to minimize fine lines and heal acne scars. It can also be great for toenail fungus.
Research On Ozone
- Biologial and Therapeutic effects of ozone – is oxidative stress bad?
- Ozone therapy and it’s scientific usage, International Scientific Committee of Ozonetherapy (ISCO3)
- Journal of Ozone Therapy – a peer reviewed journal on medical ozone
- Ozone overview on dosing and summary of effects
- Ozone, an established treatment for multiple disease processes!
- Our antibodies make ozone to fight infections
- Antimicrobial activity of ozone
- Our bodies use of ozone
- Brief history of medical ozone
- Gum lesions improve with topical ozone oil
- Ozone oils helping skin infections and slow healing wounds
- Topical effects of ozone for wound healing
- Increasing Nrf2 with ozone and benefits for Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and other neurodegenerative conditions
- Peripheral arterial occlusive disease (PAOD) and dry-form of age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Vision improvement with ozone for dry age-related macular degeneration
- Ozone therapy and dry age related macular degeneration
- The usefulness of ozone treatment in spinal pain
- Headaches and benefits of medical ozone
- “It is time to integrate orthodox medicine with ozone therapy" – Type 2 Diabetes
- More on Type 2 Diabetes
- Ozone decreasing headache frequency and intensity
- Ozone activates the antioxidant system and improves blood circulation and oxygen delivery to tissue – improve coronary artery disease (CAD)!
- Decrease cholesterol with Ozone
- Ozone improving ischemic damage after stroke
- Decrease atherosclerotic lesions (vessel plaquing) with low dose ozone therapy
- Ozone therapy via rectal ozone and benefits in fibromyalgia
- Ozone therapy and chronic hepatitis C
- Ozone therapy and benefits for chronic hepatitis C
- Rectal ozone insufflations researched to be effective and safe
- Dental plaques decrease with ozonated water
- Are NSAID’s safe? http://www.journalofprolotherapy.com/index.php/the-acceleration-of-articular-cartilage-degeneration-in-osteoarthritis-by-nonsteroidal-anti-inflammatory-drugs/
- Thinking about cleaning up your knee with a simple surgery? You might want to read this first!